Presbyterian Disaster Assistance Updates
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (PDA) is the emergency and refugee response program of the PCUSA. Working with local congregations and international partners, it seeks to care for communities affected by crisis and catastrophic events. Read about current needs and responses on the Presbyterian Disaster Assistance website.
PC(USA) Program Support
- One Great Hour of Sharing: A gift to OGHS during Lent enables the church to share God’s love with our neighbors-in-need around the world by providing relief to those affected by natural disasters, provide food to the hungry, and helping to empower the poor and oppressed.
- Pentecost Offering: A gift to the Pentecost Offering helps the church encourage, develop, and support its young people, and also address the needs of at-risk children.
- Peace & Global Witness Offering: A gift to the Peace & Global Witness Offering enables the church to promote the Peace of Christ by addressing systems of injustice across the world.
- Thanksgiving Offering: A gift to this offering supports children’s ministries in our Synod.
- Christmas Joy Offering: Each year during the Advent and Christmas season, we turn our eyes to Bethlehem and celebrate the wondrous gift of Jesus Christ, our Savior. By giving to the Christmas Joy Offering, you honor this gift by providing assistance to current and retired church workers in their time of need and developing our future leaders at Presbyterian-related schools and colleges equipping communities of color.
Community Coalition for Haiti and OPMH have partnered in service projects in Haiti for three decades. Volunteer efforts have included training in Cholera prevention and mentoring teachers and principals in their schools.
- Primary Contacts: John and Lee Klousia
OPMH supports two partnerships in Kenya. The first, Moi’s Bridge United Orphanage & Academy, cares for orphaned and vulnerable children. OPMH provides financial support for secondary school and college, career counseling, construction and maintenance of dormitories, food, and clothes. The second program is the Presbyterian Children’s Program in the village of Njoro. OPMH supports the Saturday program for orphans and vulnerable children, which provides tutoring, school supplies, food for children to take home, career counseling, and financial support for secondary education and college.
- Primary Contact: Rhonda O’Bannon
The Presbyterian Education Board in Pakistan provides quality education rooted in Christian values to all children and youth regardless of race or religion at an affordable cost.
- Primary Contacts: Ellen and Dave Smith